The Parque de Los Martires Universitarios (Park of the University Martyrs) is located near the University of Havana. The first large monument erected in the city after the revolution of 1959, this park was built in 1965-67 and covers a full city block at the intersection of San Lazaro and Infanta Streets. Mario Coyula was co-designer, along with Sonia Domínguez, Emilio Escobar and Armando Hernández.
[Read more in the book “Havana: Two Faces of the Antillean Metropolis” by Joseph L. Scarpaci, Roberto Segre and Mario Coyula, p. 371.]